Meet Your Photographer, Lyndsey Thomas
Wife. Mother. Photographer. Lover of dogs and the perfect latte. Basic, right?! So, let’s get to know each other a little better. I live in Whitby, Ontario, with my husband, our son and our 2 Boston Terriers. When I’m not capturing memories for people, you’ll find me rekindling my love affair with books, shopping at local vendor fairs and farmers markets, and dreaming about home decorating! I’ve been photographing families and newborns for over 14 years. I’m trained in newborn posing safety and am CPR certified. I am accredited with APNPI, an association dedicated to safety and excellence in newborn photography. In 2019 I was honoured to win a 3rd placing in the APNPI Image Competition, and in 2018, I won 2 awards in the Uncommon Creative Collective Image Competition.
I want to share a story about why photography is so important to me. When I was a teen, I lost my dad to cancer. In those final weeks with him, my sister and I put together a photo album of our favourite photos from our childhood. We took it to the hospital and sat with him for hours reminiscing about the good times, and the memories those photos held for us. Sitting with my dad and talking about these times, poring over these photos, is what I hold dear from my final days with him. Today, that photo album is one of the most important things I own.
So tell me, do you have photos with the ones you love? Let’s work together and document the details of your newborn so they are never forgotten, or future milestones as your family grows and ages. Let’s create timeless pieces to display in your home and cherish in your heart
A few more pictures of me and my family...
Favourite things and random bits...
- Favourtite sports team: Toronto Maple Leafs
- I was married in a drive thru wedding in Las Vegas
- I'm kinda known for buying lots of kitchen gadgets and rarely using them
- I read a lot! Like, '100+ books in a year' a lot!
- Favourite drink: margarita
- I have played ringette since I was 8 years old, and still do
- Favourite TV show: Euphoria, and I just can't let go of Grey's Anatomy. I'm too invested.
- I am a proud BMX mom in the summer and Hockey mom in the winter
- California is my favourite place I've ever been. Driving down the coast is a stand out memory for me.
Let's Get Together and Capture the Story of Your Family
I’m committed to providing exceptional service and creating personalized experiences for each and every client. I want you to feel relaxed and enjoy the moment, which will result in natural, authentic images. Those little things that make life so special, deserved to be remembered and you deserve the best!